Whether you’ve booked a family, couple or portrait photo session, every shoot should be a memorable one.
While your photographer will do everything they can to make your photo session as successful as possible, there are a few things that you can do to ensure fantastic results every time too.
*Before we get started I wanted to mention that today I'm linking to another family photographer in Okinawa who is talking about Adventure Sessions on her blog. You won't want to miss it. I'll post her link at the bottom of this post.
Here are 7 tips to help you prepare for your next photo session:
Give your location some real thought. Your backdrop makes all the difference to your photos. What energy and atmosphere will really bring this particular shoot to life? Taking the time to scout out the best possible location will leave you smiling from ear to ear when you see the end results.
2. Find some inspiration. Do you have a specific vision in mind for your shoot? Head to Pinterest or Google and collect a few images that you can share with your photographer ahead of time.
3. Grooming matters. While you may not want to spend extra money on a hair stylist or makeup artist, being impeccably groomed can change your photos completely so spend time on your hair and makeup before your shoot, even if you just get a friend to help you out.
4. Food and sleep are your friends. While this is particularly important when you’re shooting with kids, having a good night’s rest will also ensure you fully enjoy your photo session as an adult too.
5. Speaking of food, forget the cheese. Saying cheese right before someone takes your photo will result in a smile that looks forced and unnatural. Relaxed faces and happy memories are all you need to have a natural smile in your next set of photos.
6. Think about your face first. If you want the best possible results, don’t wear anything that will distract from your face in your photos.
7. Think real life. When thinking of photo session ideas as a couple or as a family, incorporating your life into your shoot is the easiest way to be original and have fun at the same time. What do you enjoy doing together? Where do you spend time together? These are all aspects that can be used to create a photo session that’s unique to you.
Don’t forget to chat with your photographer about any additional tips and tricks that they think you may find useful before and during your shoot. Now just relax and enjoy.
I mentioned earlier in the post how I wanted to link to my fellow family photographer Anna Rasmussen who is talking Adventure Sessions in her blog. Hear over to Okinawa adventure session to read and see all about it.
Michele is a lifestyle portrait photographer in North Oaks, Minnesota. She photographs children and their families both on location and in her studio in Northeast Minneapolis. mQn Photography is the premier family photographer in the Twin Cities. To schedule your next session with Michele please visit mQn Photography | Twin Cities Photographer or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Michele also specializes in Fresh 48 photography sessions in local Minnesota Birth Centers and hospitals. To book your custom Fresh 48 Session with Michele be sure to send her e-mail with your due date to get on the calendar. BOOK NOW