Pets really do make a house feel like a home, so it only makes sense for you to include them in your professional photo sessions and family albums. Pet photography is more popular than ever, which is why many photographers now offer this option.
Whether you have already scheduled a pet photography session or are still planning to, here are a few tips that will ensure things go as smoothly as possible.
Pet Photography Dos
- Ask the studio preparation questions. When you schedule a date for your pet photography sessions, be sure to ask your photographer whether there is anything you need to do to prepare for the shoot.
- Bring along props and accessories. If you love dressing your pet up, bring some of their favorite accessories along. The same applies to any blankets or toys that they can’t get enough of. The more comfortable your pet feels, the better.
- Schedule a potty stop. Accidents are going to happen but it’s still a good idea to schedule in a potty stop on the way to your session. Your pet will also be more relaxed once they get to the shoot, which will make for better photos.
- Use Pinterest to get inspired. Your photographer wants to make you happy so feel free to bring a few photo ideas to your session to use as inspiration. Pinterest has tons of ideas!
Pet Photography Don’ts
- Worry about poses. Your photographer is there to guide you so don’t worry about figuring out how you’re going to pose with your pet or how you’re going to get them to sit still.
- Force outfits. If you don’t usually dress your pet up, this is not the time to try it. Not all pets love wearing sweaters, bows, and shoes, which means most of your session might end up being a struggle more than anything else.
- Forget the treats and water bowl. When you want to get your furry family member to cooperate, it helps to have a few treats on hand. It’s also highly recommended that you bring along their water bowl just in case.
- Fret about pet size. Professional pet photographers have worked with pets of all shapes and sizes, so don’t worry about whether your pet is too big or small for a professional photo session.
- Aim for perfection. Whether it’s people or pets, perfection is not something you should aim to pair with photography. The most heart-warming photos are the candid moments, so embrace imperfection before you head to your session.
Your pets give you so many memorable moments, so why not take a few that you can remember forever – they are an integral part of your family after all.
Michele is a lifestyle portrait photographer in North Oaks & Minneapolis Minnesota. She photographs children and their families both on location and in her studio located in Northeast Minneapolis. mQn Photography is the premier luxury family photographer in the Twin Cities. To schedule your next session with Michele please visit mQn Photography | Minneapolis Photographeror e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Michele loves giving back and she provides free photography for families living in the NICU. To request a session please apply directly by submitting a form through https://www.mqnphotography.com/nicu
Michele also specializes in Fresh 48 photography sessions in local Minneapolis Birth Centers and hospitals. To book your Fresh 48 Session with Michele be sure to send her e-mail with your due date to get on the calendar. BOOK NOW