Cake smash photo sessions are certainly popular and a very cute way to capture your baby’s first birthday. If you like the concept of a cake smash but would like to do something a little different, here are a couple ideas that you’ll simply love.
- Watermelon smash. This refreshing and healthy cake smash alternative makes for such a fun photo session. It also sets the scene for you to incorporate some lovely colors into the shoot that can be extended into baby’s outfit and your décor.
- Donut Smash. This fun alternative doesn’t tend to be as messy and the wide variety of donuts that are available allow you to add a playful touch to baby’s first birthday photoshoot.
- Cool Whip Smash. There’s something so adorable about seeing baby’s face covered in frosting, hence the appeal of the cake smash. If you’re looking to use something a little different that has the same effect, cool whip is a great alternative.
- Spaghetti Smash. It’s hard to find a little one that doesn’t enjoy a bowl of delicious spaghetti so why not use it to capture some great photos of them on their first birthday. Plus, at least you know they will definitely eat it if they already enjoy it.
- Christmas Cookie Smash. If baby will celebrating their birthday around the holiday season, why not whip up a batch of holiday cookies for them to enjoy. Plus, there are all those wonderful Christmas colors that you can incorporate into the shoot.
- Yogurt Smash. If you just know that your little one is an artist in the making, you will love this idea. Buy a plastic paint palette and add dollops of different color yogurts to it for baby to enjoy and get messy with.
- Ice Cream Smash. There’s nothing quite like digging into a big bowl of ice cream or a sundae, another great alternative to the cake smash for baby’s first birthday.
Remember that the smash concept is all about having fun and getting messy so step back and let baby enjoy it for some fun and beautiful birthday photos.
Ready to schedule your child's first birthday smash?
Michele also specializes in Fresh 48 photography sessions in local Minnesota Birth Centers and hospitals. To book your custom Fresh 48 Session with Michele be sure to send her e-mail with your due date to get on the calendar. BOOK NOW